1002 – Medical Assistant for Physicians’ Clinics (LPN, C.N.A., MA)
Website BLMHospital Bear Lake Memorial Hospital
Most Caring Hospital
Classification: PRN or Occasional
Reports To: Clinic Manager
Experience: 1-2 years experience preferred in a clinical or physician-office setting, emergency room and/or a hospital setting that provides patient care. Experience in office clerical activities desirable.
Desired Education: Completion of a vocational program for LPN, C.N.A. and/or MA.
Bear Lake Memorial Hospital is looking for a clinic assistant who, under immediate supervision, supports providers (physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants) in provision of patient care. The assistant shall be personally accountable and responsible for all actions taken in carrying out nursing activities.
Essential duties include but are not limited to:
- Assists with providing patient care: records vital signs; discusses and records chief health concerns; performs tests; administers injections.
- Places phone calls to pharmacies to order prescriptions; sets-up referral contacts.
- Pulls and prepares patient charts; answers phone; performs other general office duties as required.
- Maintains neatness of work area; stocks patient rooms with supplies.
- Provide care to patients of all ages.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must contribute to the culture and/or mission of the most caring hospital.
Knowledge, skills, abilities and personal characteristics
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Interpersonal/human relations skills
- Customer service skills
- Ability to maintain schedules
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to exert physical effort, standing, lifting, and carrying materials or equipment
- Ability to file and retrieve information
- Ability to respond to questions in a tactful and professional manner
- Ability/willingness to adhere to the established departmental service standards
- Appropriate license and/or certification from the State of Idaho
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) is required to be maintained for duration of employment.
- Consistently work cooperatively with patients, facility staff, physicians, consultants and ancillary service providers.
- Consistently supports compliance and the principles of responsibility by maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of information, protecting the assets of the organization, acting with ethics and integrity, reporting non compliance, and adhering to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, accreditation and licenser requirements (if applicable), and Bear Lake Memorial’s policies and procedures.
- Excellent service and communication skills when interacting with employees, patients and visitors.
- Must be kind and compassionate.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- Good organizational skills.
To apply: Please submit your application to the HR Dept., Bear Lake Memorial Hospital, 164 South 5th Street, Montpelier, ID, 83254 or you may fax it to (208) 847-4334. Applications are available at www.blmhospital.com.
Expiration: Applications will be accepted through 10/31/2022 or until filled.
Bear Lake Memorial Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and all applicants will be given fair consideration based on their academic credentials and applicable work experience.