Reports To: Hospital Administrator/CEO
Classification: Full Time (40 hrs/wk)
Date Posted: October 25, 2023
Experience: 2-3 years related experience preferred.
Education Level: High School Diploma or GED. Current RHIA certification preferred, or ability to obtain within one year.
Bear Lake Memorial Hospital is seeking a Medical Records Supervisor to train, lead and ensure operations and quality standards are achieved.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the medical records department including staffing, training, and performance evaluation.
- Actively work performing and overseeing the coding, storage, and retrieval of patient health records in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain patient confidentiality and protect hospital operations by releasing information to patients, third-party payors, law firms, government agencies, etc. following release of information policies and regulations.
- Work collaboratively with medical providers and other staff to ensure all patient records are coded and stored correctly and in compliance with applicable policies and regulations.
- Evaluate and implement best practices for health information governance and record retention.
- Adhere to all government regulations pertaining to patient privacy including HIPAA.
- Working in a professional, confidential manner
- Being proficient in the use of the hospital’s operating systems
- Actively involved in Quality Assurance projects
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures
- Using Microsoft Office products such as Excel and Word
- Other related duties as assigned.
A High School diploma or GED. Strong abilities in verbal and written communication. Organizational skills. Flexibility. Ability to schedule time effectively. Prioritize work appropriately. Ability to work as a team within and throughout departments/workgroups. Positive attitude. Commitment to quality improvement efforts. Willingness to learn and be trained in various areas and learn various tasks. Must be able to read and communicate in English
To apply: Please submit your application to the HR Dept., Bear Lake Memorial Hospital, 164 South 5th Street, Montpelier, ID, 83254 or fax it to (208) 847-4334.
Expiration: Applications will be accepted until filled.
Bear Lake Memorial Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and all applicants will be given fair consideration based on their academic credentials and applicable work experience.