Classification: Occasional or Regular Part-Time (32 hrs/wk)
Reports To: Home Health Director
Experience: 1-2 years preferred
Desired Education: RN License for the State of Idaho
- A Registered Professional Nurse duly licensed to practice and registered under the laws of the State of Idaho. A current CPR card.
- Adherence to the ethical and personal standards as described in the Code For Professional Nurses.
- Able to perform the functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Cooperates with medical staff, and all personnel to carry out Home Health policies and ensure the best possible care to all patients.
- Valid Drivers license and available automobile in good operating condition with current insurance.
- Have the ability to contribute to the mission/culture of the most caring hospital.
- Develops, initiates, and evaluates initial and recurring treatment plans, conferring with doctors and interdisciplinary team, including preventative and rehabilitative procedures.
- Demonstrates and teaches healthcare to patients and families and provides specialized nursing skills.
- Assists patients and families toward self-help in recognition and solution of physical, emotional, and environment health problems and accepting responsibility for care.
- Maintains communication with supervisor and other staff regarding patient and staff schedules and specific information regarding patient needs.
- Observes, evaluates, and reports to MD on patients’ physical and emotional status, reaction to drugs or treatment: interpret social and physical factors in environment that affect patient care.
- Prepares clinical summaries, discharge summaries, and progress notes in a timely manner.
- Attends case conferences, staff meetings, in-service, and continuing education programs.
- Supervision of Licensed Practical Nurses and Home Health Aides
- Assist with weekend, holiday, and 24 hour on-call assignments.
Requirements: Must be kind and compassionate, with excellent organizational skills, excellent customer service and communication skills. Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures. Proven ability with confidentiality and HIPAA. Must be able to drive to and from patients’ homes in various weather conditions. Must be able to sit and stand for extended periods of time, must be able to do a moderate amount of bending and twisting.
To apply: Please submit your application to the HR Dept., Bear Lake Memorial Hospital, 164 South 5th Street, Montpelier, ID, 83254 or you may fax it to (208) 847-4334. Applications are available at www.blmhospital.com.
Expiration: Applications will be accepted until filled.
Bear Lake Memorial Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and all applicants will be given fair consideration based on their academic credentials and applicable work experience.