Reports To: Skilled Nursing Facility Administrator
Experience: 1-2 years preferred
Education: RN license strongly preferred, will consider applicants with LPN license
Bear Lake Memorial Skilled Nursing Facility is looking for a licensed nurse to perform Infection Prevention duties and other nursing responsibilities on the floor.
Essential duties include but are not limited to:
- Performs healthcare-associated infection surveillance and participate in outbreak investigations
- Conducts educational programs for staff ·
- Assists in the development/revision of infection control policies
- Preparation of regular surveillance reports and the evaluation of the effectiveness of infection control interventions
- Develop infection surveillance protocols by identifying common and specific surveillance needs,
- Conduct testing of staff or residents for infections, as ordered by physicians and/or policies
- Nurse duties include the receiving and giving written and oral reports to the off going or on-coming nurse and patient care personnel. Communicating with physicians, residents, families, visitors, and professional staff members.
- The Nurse makes assignments based on the needs of residents and the capabilities of patient care personnel. Continuity of resident/patient care is important in assigning caregivers.
- Administering medications and treatments prescribed by legally authorized persons within their scope of practice and training.
- Make rounds to assess the condition and needs of residents/patients, evaluate resident/patient care being given and observe personnel giving care. Accompany physicians and other personnel as necessary.
- The Nurse is responsible to assure that regulations and employer’s policies are enforced and followed. Job satisfaction is promoted and grievances are reported and acted upon. Good morale is promoted by the Nurse.
- Consistently work cooperatively with patients, residents, facility staff, physicians, consultants and ancillary service providers.
- Consistently supports compliance and the principles of responsibility by maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of information, protecting the assets of the organization, acting with ethics and integrity, reporting non- compliance, and adhering to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, accreditation and licenser requirements (if applicable), and Bear Lake Memorial’s policies and procedures.
- Willing and able to be flexible and to work various shifts/hours/days. Must be willing to work scheduled shifts on the floor as needed (will vary from 0-40 hours based on needs)
- Excellent service and communication skills when interacting with employees, members and visitors.
- Must be kind and compassionate.
- Adherence to confidentiality requirements.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- Good organizational skills.
Please submit your application to the HR Dept., Bear Lake Memorial Hospital, 164 South 5th Street, Montpelier, ID, 83254 or you may fax it to (208) 847-4334. Applications are available at www.blmhospital.com.
Expiration: Applications will be accepted until vacancies are filled.
Bear Lake Memorial Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and all applicants will be given fair consideration based on their academic credentials and applicable work experience.