Reports To: Director of Nursing Services
Date Posted: November 15, 2022
Experience: 1-2 years preferred
Desired Education: RN License in the State of Idaho
- A Registered Nurse licensed to practice under the laws of the State of Idaho.
- Adherence to the ethical and personal standards as described in the Code for Professional Nurses.
- Able to perform the functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Administer Direct Patient Care
In direct patient care the RN shall:
- Record and report to the appropriate person observations, assessments, and nursing activities pertinent to the physical and mental conditions of the patient with specific reference to signs and symptoms which are indicative of change and status.
- Responsible for taking and execution of legal orders of a Licensed Physician or Dentist or other legally authorized person. This includes telephone orders. This includes verifying that the order is accurate, and that there are no documented contraindications to carrying out the order.
- Carry out orders, treatments and procedures. These may include:
- Cooperates with medical staff, DNS, administrator, and all nursing personnel to carry out hospital policies and ensure the best possible care to all patients/residents
- Is responsible to the shift supervisor and/or the DNS.
- Willing and able to be flexible and to work various rotating shifts/hours/days.
- Consistently work cooperatively with patients, patients’ representatives, facility staff, physicians, consultants and ancillary service providers.
- Consistently supports compliance and the principles of responsibility by maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of information, protecting the assets of the organization, acting with ethics and integrity, reporting non-compliance, and adhering to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, accreditation and licenser requirements (as applicable), and Bear Lake Memorial Hospital’s policies and procedures.
- Requires excellent service and communication skills when interacting with employees, members and visitors.
- Must be kind and compassionate.
- Have thorough knowledge of policies and procedures.
- Must have strict adherence to confidentiality requirements.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds with assistance or appropriate mechanical lifts.
- May require excessive time standing and walking.
- Will require time sitting, writing/documenting.
- Will require bending, twisting, stooping and lifting.
- Must be able to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- Must have good organizational skills.
- Must have the ability to contribute to the culture/mission of the most caring hospital
To apply: Please submit your application to the HR Dept., Bear Lake Memorial Hospital, 164 South 5th Street, Montpelier, ID, 83254 or you may fax it to (208) 847-4334. Applications are available at www.blmhospital.com.
Expiration: Applications will be accepted and considered on an on-going basis.
Bear Lake Memorial Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and all applicants will be given fair consideration based on their academic credentials and applicable work experience.