Job ID: Mental Health Therapist
Reports To: Director of Mental Health Services
Status: Full Time preferred, but negotiable.
Experience: 1-2 years or more preferred in mental health/counseling
Required Education: Master’s degree in Social Work, Counseling, or equivalent
Date Posted: February 7, 2024
Bear Lake Memorial Hospital is seeking a full-time therapist to provide therapy services for outpatient Counseling Services, Emergency Department crisis intervention, and consultations in other Bear Lake Memorial departments.
· Must hold at least a Master’s Degree in Social Work or counseling from a nationally accredited university or college.
· Adherence to the ethical and personal standards as described in the NASW Code for Professional Conduct or equivalent.
· Able to perform the functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
· Willingness to gain thorough knowledge and abide by the policies and procedures of the Mental Health Department and BLMH.
· Licensed in the State of Idaho or eligible for licensure in the State of Idaho. (LMSW, LCSW, LPC, LCPC or equivalent) If selected, supervision will be provided at no charge for therapist who is completing hours towards independent licensure.
· Preference given to candidates with independent licensure (LCSW, LCPC, etc.), extensive clinical experience, and certification/training in EMDR, IFS, CBT, DBT or other modalities.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· The Mental Health Therapist must be able to work with persons struggling with mental illness to assist them with managing and overcoming the effects of their challenges.
· The Mental Health Therapist must be able to write a Comprehensive Diagnostic Assessment, Treatment Plan and document client progress according to Idaho Medicaid (Optum) and other insurers’ requirements.
· The Mental Health Therapist must have knowledge of and ability to engage clients with a variety of therapeutic interventions such CBT, client centered, EAP/Brief Model, EMDR, IFS, substance abuse techniques, attachment therapy, etc.
· On call coverage of ER in rotation with other BLMH-Counseling Services therapists.
· Must consistently work cooperatively with patients, residents, facility staff, physicians, consultants, and ancillary service providers.
· Must be kind and compassionate.
· Adherence to confidentiality requirements (HIPPA).
· Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
· Good organizational skills.
· Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test and background check.
· Must be able to contribute to the culture and/or mission of the “Most Caring Hospital.”
· Salary will be negotiable based on experience and skill set.
To apply: Please submit your application and resume to the HR Dept., Bear Lake Memorial Hospital, 164 South 5th Street, Montpelier, ID, 83254 or you may fax it to (208) 847-4334. Additional questions can be answered by calling the BLMH Counseling Services Office at 208-847-4464. Applications are available at www.blmhospital.com.
Expiration: Applications will be accepted until filled.
Bear Lake Memorial Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and all applicants will be given fair consideration based on their academic credentials and applicable work experience